You can view the original post here
This easy-to-make glowing strawberry lemonade is refreshing, constituted of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, strawberries, and minimal sugar.
Leap to Recipe
I low-key hate the phrase “if life gives you lemons…” however as a result of I used to be engaged on a piece undertaking, I ended up with about 8 kilos of lemon. Particularly, I ended up with 8 kilos of already zested lemons, which I used to be attempting to determine what do with. And since issues are warming up right here in San Francisco and seasonal strawberries had been popping up on sale the market, and I had already purchased some to make my strawberry rhubarb syrup, I jumped at making some glowing strawberry lemonade!
I nonetheless have a bunch of lemons left although, which suggests I’ll most likely find yourself making a model of my Meyer lemon shaker tart with strawberries and rhubarb with common lemons or possibly some honey lemon glaze for a fig focaccia. Or a unique lemon recipe that I've but to determine. However in the mean time, I’ll be sipping on this simple strawberry lemonade whereas I ponder all my choices…
Why this recipe is really easy
There are recipes on the market that have you ever making a easy syrup, however I simply throw all of the components in a blender as an alternative of cooking the syrup on the range. Easy syrup is often made by boiling water with sugar at 1:1 ratio. However as a result of there’s extra liquid on this recipe (2 cups lemon juice + juice from the pureed strawberries) and solely 3/4 cups white sugar, the sugar dissolves fairly rapidly with out heating up. No heating means sooner and simpler strawberry lemonade.
I like this recipe as a result of it’s tremendous simple and easy. Squeeze the lemons, minimize the strawberries, mix. That’s it. However if you wish to go one step additional, and pressure the syrup after you mix it, to take away the strawberry seeds and pulp, in addition to any lemon solids that may have snuck via. I don’t hassle with this step because it’s another factor for me to scrub, however it does provide you with a smoother beverage ultimately.
- Use plain water: Don’t need to make it glowing? Don’t use glowing water! This recipe works nice with simply plain water, making a extra normal (however nonetheless unbelievable tasting) strawberry lemonade.
- Meyer Lemon: Swap out the common lemon for Meyer lemon.
- Regulate Sweetness: This recipe makes a not-so-sweet strawberry lemonade. In case you favor a extra candy, much less tart lemonade, enhance the sugar to 1 cup. In case you like your lemonade puckering tart refreshing-style, cut back the sugar right down to 1/2 cup. Or simply tinker with it to your liking.
- Brown Sugar: Swap the white sugar with the identical quantity of brown sugar to present some molasses undertones.
- Maple Syrup: Use 2/3 cup maple syrup as an alternative of the white sugar.
- Honey: Swap out 1/2 cup of honey for the white sugar.
- Berries: swap out the identical quantity of a unique berry like recent or frozen raspberry, blackberry or blueberry. Or swap out 1 pound of pitted cherries to make cherry lemonade!
- Mint: add a handful of recent mint leaves after you have got pureed the strawberry lemon syrup completely. Pulse the blender briefly burst till the mint leaves are chopped.
Hold the strawberry lemonade syrup within the fridge for as much as 5 days. However you may as well freeze the syrup for those who can’t drink all of it in that point! Frozen syrup will hold for as much as 4 months within the freezer, in an hermetic container or a Ziploc container. Simply scoop or pour a few of the frozen syrup right into a glass with ice, add the glowing water and you've got prompt refreshment!
In case you like this strawberry lemonade, try these different recipes utilizing strawberries
Glowing Strawberry Lemonade
This strawberry lemonade is a straightforward beverage that's completely refreshing. The recipe makes a not-so-sweet however not puckeringly bitter lemonade, so for those who like your lemonade slightly extra on the candy aspect, enhance the sugar to 1 cup. Make it with recent water for those who don’t need it glowing. I extremely suggest you utilize recent squeezed lemons and never bottled lemon juice which tastes barely off. Pressure the fruit syrup if you'd like a cleaner smoother lemonade, however be happy to skip this step for those who don’t care if the lemonade has slightly extra physique.
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups recent squeezed lemon juice about 2 1/2 to three kilos or 10 -12 medium lemons
- 3/4 cup white sugar 150 g
- Glowing water or seltzer
- Lime wedges as garnish optionally available
Energy: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.5g | Protein: 1.2g | Fats: 0.9g | Saturated Fats: 0.7g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 30.4g | Calcium: 18mg
Wanna make a change in your life? Start today with the self-help products that aims to raise one's awareness and productivity.
Break the cycle of routine laziness and start to make a change, starting from your body. Explore the weight-loss products that actually works
Healthier body and mind with the help of dietary supplements products. Explore only the best products to protect your physical and mental health.
You can view the original post here